Comprehensive Review dedicated to traders from SA
Accepts South African Clients
Who is XTB?
XTB is a leading international broker that supports speculation on 1 500+ instruments. The company is regulated by the prestigous FCA in the UK, by the CySEC in Cyprus and in South Africa they operate via an entity regulated by the IFSC in Belize.
Main advantages of the broker
Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, based in Cyprus, license no 169/12.
Financial Conduct Authority, based in the United Kingdom, license no 522157.
International Financial Services Commission, based in Belize, license no 000302/46.
Risk warning: Remember that forex and CFDs available at XTB are leveraged products and can result in the loss of your entire capital.
Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
Available Deposit & Withdrawal Methods
XTB supports the following deposits and withdrawal methods
Supported Platforms by XTB
XTB supports the following trading platforms
Trading platform of the broker
XTB offers two trading platforms: MT4 and xStation 5. The former one is the most widely used trading platform on the market, the latter one is a trading platform built by XTB. Both platforms can be accesed directly via a web browser or can be downloaded to any PC, mobile or tablet.
MT4 and xStation 5 provide clear, simply and intuitive trading enviroment as well as comprehensive charting systems. Additionaly, MT4 supports expert advisors that can be programmed to analyse the markets and execute trades based on the set conditions.
Screenshot taken from the official website of XTB, page trading platforms
In total, there are over 1 500 trading instruments available at XTB to traders from SA. These include:
- Forex – Regarding forex pairs, there as of now 57 tradable pairs, you can find here major, minor as well as exotic pairs. Apart from the most popular currency pairs like EUR/USD, USD/JPY or GBP/USD, there are also 3 forex pairs with the South African Rand that can be traded against major currency pairs – EUR/ZAR, GBP/ZAR, USD/ZAR.
- Stocks (CFDs)– XTB offers stocks from 16 stock exchanges. In total there are 1 740 stocks that are composed of European, American, Australian and Asian stocks.
- Indices – XTB supports speculation on 42 indices. You can find here the world’s most popular indices like UK100 or US500.
- Commodities – There are 23 commodities including gold, oil or coffee.
- Cryptocurrencies – It is possible to trade up to 25 cryptocurrency pairs (9 different cryptocurrencies that are tradable against the USD or other cryptocurrencies)
- ETFs (CFDs) – XTB allows speculation on 114 ETFs that comprise of the world’s most popular titles like iShares, Lyxor, or Amundi.
South African traders can trade some of these instruments with up to 1:500 leverage.
Did you know?
XTB is one of the largest stock exchange-listed FX & CFD brokers in the world with offices in over 13 countries.
XTB as any other forex/CFD broker charges spreads. They are fairly tight here, according to the account information page they start from 0,5 pips.
Some brokers also charge commission fees, these are not applicable at XTB when trading Forex, Indices and Commodities, they are only for Stock CFDs and ETF CFDs, for these instruments the commission fee starts at 0,08% per lot.
XTB does not charge fees for bank transfers and credit/debit card deposits. For Skrill and Netteller deposits there is a fee of 2% and 1% of your deposited amount, respectively.
Regarding withdrawals, there is a fee of 1,5% for card withdrawals, wire transfer withdrawals XTB process in SHA model and it covers full costs charged by Sending Bank.
Educational resources, cashback rebates
XTB has an educational centre that is from basic to intermediate and expert levels. Once you select your level you are provided with around a dozen of articles that are built to enhance your trading skills. These articles are often accompanied by video tutorials as well as images so everything is pretty plain and straightforward. XTB also tends to hold live webinars for which you can sign up free of charge.
Cashback rebates are at XTB available exclusively to traders from South Africa (to traders from some other countries they are not available). How much you can earn via the cashback reward system is based on your trading activity. According to the official website of the broker, the exact amount will be agreed between you and your dedicated account manager.