Who has the upper hand?
Exness VS XM.com
Exness was founded in 2008 with the aim of providing a fairer and more transparent trading environment for its clients. Today, Exness is probably the biggest forex broker by trading volume with $2.275 trillion traded by 2022. The official website for Exness is www.Exness.com.
Main advantages of the broker
Risk warning: Remember that forex and CFDs available at Exness are leveraged products and can result in the loss of your entire capital.
Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
In contrast, XM was founded in 2009 and gradually grew to be one of the biggest forex brokers by the number of clients. The company now has over 5 million clients from over 190 countries worldwide. The official website for XM is www.XM.com.
Main advantages of the broker
Risk warning: Remember that forex and CFDs available at XM.com are leveraged products and can result in the loss of your entire capital. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
Exness is Regulated by:
Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, based in Cyprus, license no 178/12.
Financial Conduct Authority, based in the United Kingdom, license no 730729.
Financial Services Commission, based in Mauritius, registration number 176967.
Financial Sector Conduct Authority, based in South Africa, license number 51024.
Capital Markets Authority, based in Kenya, license number 162.
XM.com is Regulated by:
Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, based in Cyprus, license no 120/10.
Financial Services Commission, based in Belize, license number 000261/309.
Australian Securities and Investments Commission, based in Australia, license number 656 389 927.
Supported Platforms by Exness
Exness supports the following trading platforms
Supported Platforms by XM.com
XM supports the following trading platforms
Exness Trading platforms
Clients on Exness have three main trading platforms at their disposal. The Exness Trader, MetaTrader 4, and MetaTrader 5. The MetaTrader platforms are two of the most popular trading software among both novice and experienced investors. These platforms are powerful yet intuitive enough for both new and experienced traders to use.
XM.com Trading platforms
XM offers clients MetaTrader 4 and 5, alongside their XM trading app. The platforms are available on PC, macOS, iOS, and Android. This means that all types of clients on all kinds of devices are catered for. The MetaTrader platforms come with numerous charting tools that help traders make projections and price predictions. They also execute trades fast to ensure that investors do not miss out on potentially profitable trades.
Did you know?
Exness has a much more competitive spread on professional accounts that can be grabbed already from 200 USD?
Did you know?
XM.com offers a no-deposit bonus of 30 USD? (T&C apply)
Exness Trading assets
Exness has just over 200 tradable instruments for its clients. These include:
- Forex – There are over 100 currency pairs on Exness including majors, minors, and exotic pairs. Some of the major currency pairs clients can trade on Exness include AUDUSD, EURUSD, GBPUSD, NZDUSD, and USDCAD.
- Metals – Exness allows traders to diversify their portfolios by trading a number of precious metals including gold, silver, palladium, and platinum.
- Cryptocurrencies – Crypto trading is also available on Exness 24/7, with 27 popular cryptocurrencies available for trading. Some of the cryptocurrencies investors can trade on Exness include Bitcoin, Cardano, 1Inch, Aave, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, and Dogecoin.
- Energies – Some of the assets in this category available on Exness include Crude Brent, Crude oil, and Natural Gas.
- Stocks – Clients can open positions on some of the biggest names in tech and industry, including Google, Amazon, Tesla, Alibaba, and Intel.
- Indices – Traders choose from the world’s most popular indices, including the FTSE 100, S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and many others.
XM.com Trading assets
XM has over 1,000 tradable instruments for its clients. These include CFDs on:
- Forex – There are over 50 different currency pairs available on XM. Some of the best pairs to trade include AUDUSD, EURAUD, EURUSD, GBPUSD, and USDJPY.
- Stocks – XM avails of over 1,000 different stocks including for companies in the US, the UK, China, South Africa, and even Kenya.
- Indices – There are 14 different cash indices and 10 futures indices CFDs on XM for clients to invest in. These include the UK100 and US100.
- Shares – There are 100 different shares to invest in on XM mainly from the US, the UK, and Germany.
- Energies – Here, clients can invest in energy CFDs, mainly in oil and natural gas.
- Cryptocurrencies – Investors can trade CFDs on 27 different crypto assets against some popular world currencies. Some of the crypto assets clients can trade include Bitcoin, Cardano, XRP, Ethereum, Solana, and Litecoin.
- Precious Metals – Gold and Silver are available to trade under this asset class.
Exness Fees and Leverage
The average spread on major currency pairs ranges from 1.0 to 2.1 pips. They can go higher for minors and exotic pairs. For profesional accouns, they however start from as little as 0.3 pips. Here is a sample of the average spreads on Exness standard accounts.
EURUSD – Average spread of 1.0 pips.
GBPUSD – Average spread of 1.2 pips.
USDCAD – Average spread of 2.1 pips.
CADJPY – Average spread of 2.4 pips.
The maximum leverage a client enjoys on Exness depends on the account they are on and the country they reside in. The maximum leverage can go up to 1: Unlimited.
XM Fees and Leverage
XM offers low spreads that rival most brokers in the market. There are three main account types that come with different spreads. The standard account features spreads starting from as low as 1.7 pips for major currency pairs. Sample spreads are as follows:
EURUSD – Average spread of 1.7 pips.
GBPUSD – Average spread of 2.1 pips.
USDCAD – Average spread of 2.2 pips.
CADJPY – Average spread of 3.4 pips.
The maximum leverage on XM can go up to 1:1000 depending on a trader’s economic zone. In the EU, it is capped at 1:30.
Exness Available Deposit & Withdrawal Methods
AvaTrade supports the following deposits and withdrawal methods
XM.com Available Deposit & Withdrawal Methods
XM.com supports the following deposits and withdrawal methods
These two companies match up very well against each other. It is hard to separate one from the other. However, Exness seems to have the edge here for South African traders. For starters, it has regulations from the FSCA, the organization in charge of regulations in South Africa. A company’s regulatory status is the number one feature to look at before investing. Luckily, Exness also has regulations from multiple other regulators, including the FCA and the CySEC.
Further, Exness stands out as one of the biggest forex brokers in the world, with over $2.2 trillion traded. Still, the gap between these companies is not massive. XM is still an excellent option for many traders across the world. The choice will always come down to the individual trader. They have the final say on which broker best suits their investment needs.